#MyIndia Contest 2018
Largest Online Photography Contest
What you capture with your camera does it reflect it true meaning and depth? If you think you have within you, this is the time of the year again to prove your talent. Showcase those aesthetic pictures you’ve captured and get applauded and awarded for the amazing talent that you have. This is an opportunity to unravel the talent of amateur, hobbyist, and professional photographers through their sincere and creative attempts.
The theme is “#myIndia” and we are looking for photos from across India that showcase the best of what it represents:
- A panoramic shot of a foggy hill station or a colorful beach?
- Portraits of children running in the street of India or the carts selling nimbu pani in the blistering heat?
- There are plenty of magical moments to capture in India, which has diversified culture.
- Folk art, food, heritage, pride, infrastructure, wildlife, nature, places, traditions that has soul of India… is #MyIndia
- Entries that best do justice to the theme will be featured on www.kaleidoscopeindia.in
- Certification of participation to each entry will be given
- First, Second, Third honors and 10 consolations will be awarded.
Experiment with moods and subjects and send us your favorite photos of India that make an impact. Along with the picture send us your detailed information about where the picture was taken and what is happening in the photo. Do tell us the story behind the photograph, so we can share it with our readers when you win.
How do I enter?
For the entry to the contest participant should register at http://www.kaleidoscopeindia.in/myindia and will be showcased on the social facebook page https://www.facebook.com/indianinstituteofphotography and start submitting your image. There’s a winner in each one of you, so hurry.
- Contest Opens: 01/06/2018
- Contest Closes: 30/07/2018
- Final results: 19/08/2018 on the day of World Photography day
- The contest is open to all individuals from anywhere in India, except employees of IIP.
- The entry to the contest is FREE OF COST. However, the participant should register at http://www.kaleidoscopeindia.in/myindia-contest
- Each participant can shoot from a camera, but the image captured must be your original work.
- Maximum FIVE entry per contestant and each image can only be entered only once. No duplicates accepted.
- The photos should not be altered in Photoshop or any desktop image processing program.
- Computer-generated or computer-altered images will not be accepted. Artwork and illustrations will not be accepted.
- The photo-submissions can only be done online by uploading the image to the website http://www.kaleidoscopeindia.in/myindia-contest on or before the closing date after registering yourself.
- The submissions must be in the original size JPEG format only and not smaller than 1000 pixels in either height or width. Maximum permissible file size is 2MB.
- By entering your image, you grant IIP non-exclusive right to reproduce it for any purpose at any time in any media with attribution.
- The results shall be announced on 19th August 2018 on the World Photography day.
Terms & Conditions
The purpose of organizing this online photography course is to sensitize, motivate and educate young, budding and hidden talents through art.
Subject: India, nature, people, city, moods, environment, fashion, travel, etc. That reflects the mood and soul of INDIA.
Categories: Open for students, working professionals, house wives, senior citizens
- Minimum of 50 public votes in favor of a photograph shall qualify a photograph in the preliminary round for being judged by the Jury members.
- Members of the Jury shall be renowned photographers and mentors from Indian Institute of Photography who will review all entries and judge images on the basis of artistic merit, originality, subject, and style.
- Jury decision on all matters relating to the competition result will be treated as sacrosanct and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
- The winning image will be used as the icon for the gallery after the competition has closed, and will be showcased on one of that month’s newsletters
- Prizes/Awards are strictly non-transferable.